The perfect summer drink.
All you need is some coffee, water, a jar to put it all in, and a fine mesh strainer (or cheese cloth, or dish towel). This is going to make a coffee concentrate that you'll need to dilute it with water when it's time to drink it. It's easier and more efficient, space-wise, to make a concentrate so you don't have to keep a huge pitcher in your fridge. You just keep this small jar and pour your cup one-third full with coffee, then fill the rest with water and ice when you're ready.
1 and 1/3 cups ground coffee
4 cups water (cold or room temp)
Jar or pitcher
Fine mesh strainer (or cheese cloth, clean dish towel, anything to filter out the grounds)
1. Place coffee in jar or pitcher and pour water over top.
2. Stir to combine.
3. Seal and let sit for at least 8 hours to overnight at room temperature.
4. Pour mixture over a strainer in to a bowl. Clean jar.
5. Strain a second time in to clean jar.
6. Ta-da! Cold brew coffee concentrate. 4 cups of concentrate will make about 8 cups of iced coffee. This will last up to a week in the fridge.
So, as I mentioned above, this is very concentrated coffee. You will need to dilute this to your liking. I drink it in a 2 to 1 ratio (1/3 coffee, 2/3 water) with some creamer. You could go more or less water depending on preference.
Extract source: https://www.redbookmag.com